100 Hour Yoga Teaching Skills
Yoga Teachers’ Diploma
Sharpening our Skills,
Blossoming as Teachers
March – May 2019
6 Weekends, 8.30am-6pm
15-17 March: Sequencing – Backbends
29 – 31 March: Inversions
5-7 April: Arm Balances
19-21 April: Seated, Twists, Forward Bends
3- 5 May: Mixed Vinyasa Sequence
17-19 May: Test in Teaching & Restorative Exercises or Yoga Life Retreat.
This 100 Hour Abhaya Yoga Teaching Skills program fully prepares you to be an excellent Yoga Teacher. Through progressive drills and teaching exercises, inspiring lectures and teaching methodology, you learn to perfect your teaching skills, overcome your fears and doubts and blossom as an excellent teacher.
Even for experienced yoga teachers, this course will give you extra confidence in all aspects of teaching, and will empower you with new fearless inspiration.
Class Sequencing, Themes, & Teaching Methods
- Class Structure.
- Asana Sequencing.
- Creating Themes.
- Voice & Language.
- Observation Skills.
- Alignment Review. Adjustments.
- One to One & Group Teaching.
- Abhaya 6 Steps: From Alignment to Action.
Adjustments & Therapeutics
- Therapeutics for: knee, ankle, low back, shoulder, neck.
- Verbal and Manual Adjustments for each Asana Category.
- Use of Props.
Teaching various levels & special groups, Career & Ethics
- Specialized teaching for: various levels of classes, different ages, special populations.
- Planning ahead: seasonal, annual class plans.
- Teaching Practicum: Sharing & Feedback.
- Finding our inner stance, power & responsibility.
- Career Planning & Professional/Business Practices.
- Personal Practice for us as Teachers.